Tuesday 2 October 2012

The Speed of one's Imagination....

 

I write this blog entry due to how quickly I am working through My Demonic Ghost - Reapers which is book two after My Demonic Ghost- Banished Spirits. 
I found I work the best with inspirational music, mainly from the sound tracks of Lord of the Rings, Transformers, Narnia and other fictional movie titles. In particular, this one youtube video had been on my repeat list for the past week and I still can't get over how beautiful and well crafted the playlist is. 


I hope this helps with other writers needing just that extra nudge to get themselves moving. For a while I had been stuck in a dreadful rut with 90 pages, but now I'm over 220 and still cooking. HOORAY! 

 Apart from my own active writing life, I've been snooping Goodreads trying to find some new titles to add to my collection of EBooks. So far, I've chosen Crow's Row by Julie Hockley, Beguiled (Immortal Essence) by RaShelle Workman and Escaped the Night by Jennifer Blyth. I had entered a competition to win a signed copy of Escape the Night but unfortunately I didn't win. Bwa Bwa!  

Any other suggestions of your favourite books that I should look into?

If you haven't already, I would love it if you added me on Goodreads, I love checking out all the new books everyone is posting and finding some hidden gems.
If any of you live in Minneapolis, Staccato Publishing is going to be at Heartland Forum THIS WEEKEND!!! Alas, being in Australia means I'm stuck with just checking facebook updates and wishing I was there, but all you lucky people living in the US you should definitely GO GO GO GO GOOO!  *waves flag*

While I've got your attention, here is something for Australian's to enjoy and check out. 
I had spent a night in a Japanese Mountain Retreat in Montrose a few weekends ago for my boyfriends birthday, this is what I thought of it.

This is one of the best places that I have ever stayed, the people and service were absolutely amazing. I was only here for a night, but I wish I could have stayed for the whole weekend. Right from the very beginning we were swept away by the beautiful landscape and attention to detail with their room set up and Japanese cuisine. The hot spring was one of the biggest surprises I think we had, we did not expect to have our own private bath set up with Japanese style rocks, clear blue water and a bottle of mineral water. The night time atmosphere had really completed the romantic setting. I will definitely come back here every chance I get, only thing I regret is not getting a chance to get one of their spa treatments. No doubt, you MUST COME HERE!


No comments:

Post a Comment